Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Learning about strength and nutrition

The last week has been pretty reasonable. I'm finally amazed at how much easier I'm able to run. It feels good the minute I start and I feel more relaxed overall on my running days. I totally understand why people do this. In fact I'm beginning to wonder why I never did this before and what my life might be like if I hadn't picked it up. Running is making me feel stronger and more relaxed both mentally and physically.

Tonight we attended a nutrition clinic. Your basic eat healthy, whole grains, etc, etc. Then we went into endurance event nutrition. Pretty interesting stuff to learn about how the muscles work and the physiology (sp?) of what's going on. So we focused on race day nutrition and the way to practice what works and does not work on race day. I'm nervous to try out all of these race gu's and gel's, but I guess I'm going to see what it's all about. Not much choice in the matter. So, I'll experiment and I'll keep you posted as to how it goes. Here's to another good and strong week.

No comments: