Thursday, March 18, 2010

Road ID, Daylight Savings & a Cleared Bike Path

So much has changed/happened since I last updated the blog. I now officially have my very own Road ID. It's a wrist band that has all of my information - most importantly, my emergency contacts on it. Thought being that in case I'm hit by a car, pass out, or have some other medical emergency, I have identification readily available on my person and they can call someone to let them know that I'm on my way to the hospital or whatever. Check them out at http://www.roadid.com/. Really it's a very smart idea. Especially with the number of drivers who are busy talking/texting on their cell phones these days. Imagine how many seconds it takes to look away from the road and end up hitting a runner. Yowza!

Another big change is the move to daylight savings. Finally a good chunk of daylight AFTER work. I've tried and tried a million times to force my lazy butt out of bed and head out running before work. I am just not a morning person nor will I ever be. For me the after work hours are critical for getting my training in without having to go to the Y and run on the dreadmill. Speaking of the Y, I don't think that I've been in a month. And gosh I don't miss it one bit. Running outside is soooooooooo much better than indoors. So yeah, daylight savings time is the bomb diggity.

And the last big change that has been fantastic is the warm weather and with it the clearing of the bike path. The snow has finally subsided enough that we can get full training runs in without doing funny loopy things in. And if you haven't already visited the bike path, you should. It's fantastic. What a wonderful resource that runs through this area. It's great for the fact that there is no vehicular traffic, no camber and the view is fantastic. So with my 18 miles this week, I say get out there. Check it out and live it up. Here's to another great week on the books. :)

No comments: