Sunday, February 14, 2010

Group Run #2

So yesterday was my second run with the group from Team in Training. It was another freezing cold morning on the Niskayuna Bike path. This week was only slightly warmer in that it wasn't windy so that helped. It's difficult to force myself out of bed at 5:45 AM on a Saturday when it's still dark out and I know that it's cold without even looking.

But again, I remember that I'm not doing this for myself. I'm doing this for Sammie and all of the other sufferers of Leukemia & Lymphoma. That's motivation for sure. So, I managed to get up and get out for them.

I am still one week out of the official training schedule. The training schedule for the half is 16 weeks long. And we are currently still outside of that 16 weeks. So for now we are working on our base mileage ..... the recommendation is that we be able to run 4 to 5 miles comfortably. Last week I successfully completed 4 miles with no problem, so this week I decided that I would go for 5. I set out and had a partner in crime this time. We did it. We chatted the entire time about running, dogs and buying houses. I couldn't believe how quickly we were done and that I had managed to complete 5 whole miles without stopping. It felt great and I feel awesome today, so success! Georgia and I will be heading out this afternoon for an easy 3 to keep moving. Next week we officially begin the 16 week training and I'll be completing 6 miles. The good news is that I know that I can do it. And now back to fundraising..........

No comments: