Saturday, February 6, 2010

Running in 14 degree weather.....

So if you can run in 14 degree weather, I'm beginning to think that you might be able to do anything. I got up this morning at 5:45 AM to get ready for my first Team in Training run. We were to meet at the Niskayuna Bike Path at 7:00 AM. I woke, ate a Cliff bar, dressed and tried to ignore the fact that it was bitterly cold outside.

There were quite a few people at the bike path when I arrived. They had quite a turn out considering that it was 14 degrees and it was wickedly windy. Because of the weather they only did a short introduction in order to get us moving. Being my first training run I decided that I would do 4 miles. I was out and back in about 45 minutes. Not too bad for my first 4 miler.

After getting back into my warm car and waiting a few minutes for my thighs to unfreeze, I headed out to go and pick up Collin. The best part was that it was 7:50 AM and I could leave knowing that I was already done for the day......... No trying to figure out when to hit the gym, etc. Now if I can just stay on this high so I can hit the gym first thing in the morning again tomorrow?!?! Here's to hoping.

No comments: